Thursday, March 14, 2013

Some recommendations

While I am not going to do any full reviews of these books, I am going to be posting some recommendations concerning certain areas of reading within Christianity.

I will keep adding to this list.

Pre-marital Counseling books:

Strengthening Your Marriage by Wayne Mack
Biblical, lots of good homework for couples

The Most Important Year in a Man's/Woman's Life by Wolgemuth and Devries
now two books:
What Every Bride Needs to Know - The Most Important Year in a Woman's Life
and
What Every Groom Needs to Know - The Most Important Year in a Man's Life
This former single edition, now two editions is one of the most fun and practical books that the young couples I counsel read. I consider it a book God led me to on a bargain shelf in Amish country that has been very good for ME and for those I am investing in.

When Sinners Say 'I Do' by Dave Harvey
I have some bad news for you, you are marrying a sinner...




What did You Expect by Paul David Tripp
Day to Day Reality for Marriage. A Great book for helping understand the gap between expectations and, well, reality.

Intended for Pleasure by Ed Wheat
Standard setting book concerning sexual relations within marriage. Read just before the honeymoon, read again later in marriage.







FOR HUSBANDS

The Complete Husband by Lou Priolo
Read with caution, men. VERY convicting

For Men Only by Shaunti and Jeff Feldhahn
Very insightful into the mind of a woman. (it even has a fold out guide!!)


FOR WIVES
For Women Only by Shaunti Feldhahn
Ladies, this might be one of the better overviews to helping you understand what is goin' on in your man's head. Very good, recommended to me for counseling use by a very wise man in ministry and marriage counseling.

(I am now going to just start listing, I am sure I am forgetting some...)

FOR FAMILIES
Shepherding a Child's Heart

FOR FATHERING
Point Man
King Me


FOR TEENS dealing with Temptation
Sex Isn't the Problem, Lust Is
The Purity Principle (go get it now, parents of teen guys)

FOR ADULT MEN DEALING WITH TEMPTATION
At the Altar of Sexual Idolatry

For ADDICTIONS
Getting to 'No'



I am sure I am forgetting some, but I'm done for now.

If you ever need a suggestion on a certain subject.
Facebook me or inbox me.

Pastor Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment