Thursday, May 3, 2012

Currently Reading 5/2012

Currently Reading

My last currently reading was on 10/2011. So here is an update.

The Bible (I love my You Version reading plan - The Cell of Optina NT read through!)
Visioneering - Andy Stanley
Transforming Discipleship - Greg Ogden
Four Views on The Spectrum of Evangelicalism - various
The Exemplary Husband - Stuart Scott
Mere Christianity - C.S. Lewis (why not, everybody else is...)
Preachers and Preaching - D. Martin Lloyd-Jones (love it!)
Lloyd-Jones - Iain H. Murray (bio of Lloyd-Jones)
The Forgotten Spurgeon - Iain H. Murray (bio of Spurgeon's stand on the hard gospel, baptismal regeneration, and the down-grade controversy - basically, that Spurgeon DID stand and seperate)
Baptist Ways A History - Bill J Leonard
Family Walk devos (with my kids - Jen, my wife, does a LOT of the reading)
Calvin and Hobbes (with my sons who laugh so hard at the same one I laughed at as a kid/teen)
Total Truth - Nancy Pearcey
Apologetics for the 21st Century - Louis Markos


Kindle reads:
Church Discipline - Jonathon Leeman
Jesus: Why the World is Still Fascinated by Him
The Question of God - Armand Nicholi (fascinating comparison of C.S Lewis and Freud)
Pagan Christianity - Frank Viola; Georg Barna (a little mean spirited...)

A Princess of Mars - Edgar Rice Burroughs (my token fiction title - The book 'John Carter' is based on)

That's all. And I wonder why I have too much running through my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment